In our late teens or early twenties, our third molars, commonly known as our wisdom teeth, begin to come in. In many cases, the jaw is simply not large enough to accommodate the extra teeth, and they become impacted, meaning they remain under the gum.
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause further complications including infection, crowding, damage to other teeth, cysts that permanently damage the jaw and others. In instances where the wisdom teeth do come through the gums, it may be at an awkward angle, also necessitating wisdom tooth extraction. While it is difficult to predict whether your impacted teeth will cause such damage, it is highly likely complications will arise. Regular x-rays help your doctor track your wisdom teeth and make decisions about removal.
The extraction of wisdom teeth is a common, and oftentimes necessary procedure, performed under local anesthesia. Barring any complications, the tooth can be easily removed in one piece. After surgery, patients can expect varying levels of swelling and discomfort. However, we do everything possible to minimize pain and recovery time.
If you need your wisdom teeth removed, call our office today. We're happy to help.
Why Choose Us?
- All Local Insurance Accepted
- Emergency Appointments
- Flexible Financing Available
- Friendly and Helpful Office Staff
- State-of-the-Art Amenities
- Affordable Payment Plans
- Comfortable, Relaxing Environment
- Digital X-Rays
- Evening Appointments
- Highly Trained Staff
- Personalized, Gentle Care
- Three Convenient Locations
- Mercury Free Dentistry
- Free Dental Implant Consultation
- Convenient Appointments Before and After Work or School
- Free Second Opinion
- Free Dental Exam
- Free Cleaning and Polishing
- Free Children's exams
- Free Orthodontic Consultation. $275 Value